We talk often about core values in a corporate context, but what about personal core values? For Nikki Little, today’s Make Meaning podcast guest, core values – both for herself and her team – are at the heart of identifying pursuits filled with purpose and meaning. Nikki is Director of Strategy at Franco and in her own time, publishes the bi-weekly e-newsletter, The MichComms Report. Nikki’s expertise is integrated communications, but she applies it to more than just her work. She talks with Lynne Golodner about how she manages personal, professional and family interests in a meaningful way. Listen here:
In addition to her career as an integrated communications professional and publisher of The MichComms Report, Nikki also contributes guest blog content to Crain’s Detroit Business and serves on the executive communications committee for Impact100 Oakland County.
In this episode, Lynne and Nikki discuss:
- Evolution of The MichComms Report
- The rise of social media and its storytelling power
- The changing communications landscape and where PR fits
- Core values and their importance both personally and professionally
- Knowing when to say no – and how to find meaning when you say yes
Links and Resources:
Coming up January 27 on the Make Meaning Podcast:
Episode 64: Communicating Faith with Rev. Dr. Maidstone Mulenga, Director of Communications for the Council of Bishops of the United Methodist Church. In this episode, Rev. Mulenga discusses his journey from newspaper journalist to communications director of a global Christian denomination. His title changed, but his lifelong purpose to bring the world closer through relationships and storytelling continues.
Other episodes of the Make Meaning Podcast you may enjoy:
- Episode 51 – Storytelling Marketing and Strategic Messaging with Lynne Golodner and Christina Weaver
- Episode 25 – Perfect PR Moments with Crosby Norricks
- Episode 21 – All about Pie with Brenda Meller